Best Breakfast Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Grating of nutmeg
- Vanilla, cap full
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt, nutmeg, pecans ,and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- Beat the egg, vanilla and milk together in a bowl, add the melted butter, stirring constantly with a whisk to blend.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just enough to moisten the flour mixture. It should look a little lumpy. (Do not over beat.)
- Heat a griddle or nonstick pan over medium heat and coat it with vegetable oil. Drop the batter from a large spoon (about 1/4 cup) and cook until the first side is golden brown, or until the top surface bubbles and is dotted with holes. Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown. About 30 seconds and watch carefully! Adjust the heat to very low if necessary. . Serve immediately.