SALISBURY STEAK with onions and gravy
- 1 pound of Ground Round Beef
- 1/2 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 whole Egg
- 1/4 cup of dry Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of Flour
- 2 cups of Beef Broth
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Beef, Black Pepper, Salt, Garlic Powder, Worcestershire Sauce, Bread Crumbs and one whole Egg. Stir mixture together well.
- Shape into 4 equal sized patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat for about a minute, and then add Butter.
- Place meat patties in skillet and brown on both sides for about 4-5 minutes each. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the sliced Onion into the skillet, right on top of the browned bits.
- Reduce the heat and cook the onions on medium-low heat until the onions turn translucent and brown. Don't rush this step. Cook the onions low and slow for about 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of flour over the onions. Stir. Let cook and brown for about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of warm of beef broth. Stir well. Raise the heat back up to about medium.